Tackling the Challenges of the New Labour and Social Dialogue Laws in Romania
Tackling the Challenges of the New Labour and Social Dialogue Laws in Romania (2014 – 2017)
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to an enhanced commitment by social partners and government to build a stable climate enabling employers and trade union organizations to effectively engage in the promotion of decent work and the respect for the fundamental rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining.
Outcome 1. Promote the use of evidence-based advocacy tools in the development of solutions to broaden and enhance legislative/ policy making capacity for effective social dialogue, the promotion of decent work, fundamental rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining.
Outcome 2. The organizational capacity of the union movement from all eight regions in Romania is strengthened, based on the Swiss experience of good practices in capacity building.
The direct beneficiaries of the project are the representatives of the:
- the National trade union confederations CNS CARTEL ALFA, CNSLR - FRATIA and their members (branch/sector federations, territorial branches, trade unions);
- the other national representative trade union confederations (National Trade Union Block, National Trade Union Confederation Meridian and the National Democratic Trade Unions Confederation);
- the National employers’ organizations willing to get involved in the project and their members
- The Ministry of Labor, Family and Social Protection.
- The Labor Inspection.
The indirect beneficiaries of the project are:
- lawyers, prosecutors, officials of dispute mediation/ arbitration involved in dispute settlements;
- NGOs involved in labor/social dialogue issues;
- other public institutions aside from the Ministry of Labor;
- the Chambers of Commerce, primarily the Swiss Chamber of Commerce, but other chambers as well such as the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham), Foreign Investors’ Council, etc.
- mass media;
- the general public, who will be a part of the campaign, informed about the activities developed in the project framework and will be encouraged to promote the results of the project.
The project is implemented by SOLIDAR SWITZERLAND in partnership with ADO SAH ROM, CNS CARTEL ALFA and CNSLR-FRATIA.
Project co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union.
Research on the state of social dialogue in Romania